Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Chiang Mai-Take 1

A few weekends ago we had the opportunity for our first small weekend vacation. We decided to head up north to Chiang Mai for a little weekend away.

Before we had left, I had text the doctor that I work for in Salt Lake City, to see if he would fill out a reference form for me for college. He replied with a yes and asked what I was doing that weekend in Thailand...

Background information about Dr. Rachot: Dr. Rachot is from Thailand, he was born and raised here with his family until he was 13, then moved to America to get started with life and go to school in Arkansas where he became a doctor. His family still lives in Thailand so he comes back here a lot with his wife and kids and is able to see his family in Chiang Mai. His family here owns a hotel and so he has the opportunity to come back here whenever he can.

Anyways...back to an awesome weekend..

Dr. Rachot asked what I was doing that weekend.. I told him that my girls and I were headed to Chiang Mai for the weekend. He text back and said that he was in Chiang Mai and wanted all of us to come stay at the hotel/guesthouse at no charge.

He put together 4 rooms for all 7 of us, and let us come relax at this awesome hotel. He is such a sweet man. On top of that, the hotel fed us all of our meals for free and Dr. Rachot took us all around Chiang Mai with his personal driver for the whole weekend.

He took us go to see the elephant show, feed them and have one on one contact with the elephants. He took us to see the tigers, to the orchid farm, the butterfly farm, to the jade factory, to a temple and 2 different night markets.

So he treated us above and beyond anything expected. I was so grateful to have had him there. The whole weekend was perfect. Everything lined up the way that it was suppose to for us to be there at the exact same time. The girls and I loved it.

Thank you to Dr. Rachot for the generosity he showed all of us and for the great weekend we will always remember.
Dr. Rachot and I








Thank you Dr. Rachot!
It was such a great and memorable weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment