Thursday, November 7, 2013

Ohhh D-day...

D-day, Pleum, Ghod and I

So we knew that coming back to school after we had such a great week would be hard.. especially with having the kids be with their parents and getting them out of the routine that they were previously in. We all decided to come back and be head strong about everything and to push through this week..

...Well, it is finally Friday and it couldn't have been any crazier..

Monday morning we had 10 new kids join our school. 8 of them were 2 years old.. not even potty trained.We also gained a 3 year old, and the other was an elementary student. For those of you who know anything about kids at 2 years old, they have an attachment to their mother's hip. So we had 8 screaming children at the age of 2, ALL DAY, until 4pm. It was chaos. The older of the pre-kindergarten class moved up..which means that the 3 year olds who were previously in the baby class moved into our big kindergarten classes where they start rotating with the big kids.. So all of our classes have been switched around with trying out different kids in each class seeing which kids work in different places. Did I mention that I have about five 3 year old's in one class with 3 other 4 year olds making a massive class of 8 kids under the age of 4 and 1 English teacher to all of those little cute bundles of joy? Did I also mention that we had no idea that any of this was going to happen?
Well..the great news.. WE MADE IT ALIVE up until yesterday.

...The day that I will always remember.. November 7, 2013...

Have I introduced to you my favorite student??
D-day and I
Meet D-day.

His name and smile honestly says it all. He is the most rambunctious, ADHD, hilarious, trouble-making, lovable kid I have ever met. He is my FAVORITE! ..He knows it too...

Well yesterday we had a ton of events that came our way, because of my favorite boy.

Get ready..because it is kinda gross but hilarious.

Yesterday morning I walk downstairs just helping the teachers get all of the kids into the classes they needed to be in, when one of my Zoe walks out of the bathroom with tissues in her hand and tears starting to come out of her eyes. She looks at me and says, "It is going to be a longgggg day.." I had asked her what had happened and she started off with the name "D-day." I knew that this story was going to get interesting..


Anyways, she kept proceeding to tell me that D-day had tried to eat a marker then after class had picked up another kid's poop out of the toilet, in his hand and had got his head stuck in between the poles on the banister of the stairs.. So he was standing there with poop in one hand, and his head stuck by the stairs, with a marker covered face.. I looked at her and said, "Yes, it will be a very long day.." But at the same time, I started laughing because it was D-day.. this is just how he is. He normally isn't this bad, but yesterday, I couldn't stop laughing..

Then later in the day, I hear my name being screamed from downstairs, when I rush outside of my room to see what was going on, I see Teacher Paige holding D-day's hand and she was telling me that D-day needed to go see Teacher Tang because he cut another student's hair...I look at D-day and he immediately put his hands together at his chest and kept saying, "I'm sorry teacher! I'm sorry teacher! I'm sorry teacher!"

 I was walking downstairs, trying to get myself back together from laughing so hard, to go be the responsible teacher to give D-day a lecture. Paige was so mad at me because I couldn't get it together, and she said, "Jess, get it together and be harsh on him, even though he is your favorite!" I grabbed D-day, walked upstairs to Teacher Tang's office where I told Tang's brother what had happened and he started laughing which made me laugh harder.. Then Tang took care of D-day.

I went downstairs to see hair all over the floor of the classroom, but the student who got his hair cut, didn't seem to have anything wrong with it. So everything turned out fine, and I feel into a hilarious story..

Thank you D-day! I love you so much! I wish I could take you home.. You are my favorite!

D-day trying to put googly eyes on my eyes.
D-day (behind me, smiling)
Pleum (on my lap, smiling)
Ghod (not looking at the camera on my lap)
Prima (rubbing his eye)


No comments:

Post a Comment